Make sure to treat the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret as privileged information, such as a password or bank account number.
Once logged into the MX™ Merchant dashboard, go to the app store and activate the Developer app. Then, go to Settings and click on the Applications/API tile.
In the table, each row will display seven important details about each set of API keys.
- API Key name- Name your application
- Description- Provide a summary of what your application is doing
- Role- This will mirror the role of the user who created the key and secret
- Active- Yes or No indication to show if your application is active
- Consumer Key- Used to display the application-specific key
- Show Secret- This information is hidden until you click the green text
- Merchant ID- This distinguishes your merchant account to reference in your API integrations
Click the +Add Application button on the top right, give your new API Key a name and description, and click "Generate Key".
For a full guide on integrating with our developer API, see our API reference page here: https://developer.mxmerchant.com/.
Follow the prompts to permanently delete Consumer Secret and Key. This is a permanent, irreversible step so be certain that this is what you intend to do.
Updated over 1 year ago